Friday, February 11, 2011

Almost there


A sunny afternoon stroll in the snow

So I know I just started this blog, and I know I have already been bad about posting.  But I will get into a more regular routine soon.  In fact, I will get into a better routine after February 15th... my deadline for dietetic internship applications. 
Please bear with me!
Oatmeal Brownie Cookies
If you have spoken to me in the last six months, you know I've been all-consumed with getting reference letters, writing personal statements, and tweaking my resume.  Next week it is all coming to an end, and I am beyond ready for the ensuing relief.  Since I haven't had time to write or even form a complete thought outside of apps, I thought I'd leave a few photos from the past week.  OSU had four snow days during which I baked, cooked, and shared meals with friends and neighbors.  Enjoy!
 
Fresh farmers market vegetables


                             
Seasoned and roasted...mmm...

 





Mom and Grandma's Spritz Cookies - These are actually a (perfect) Christmas cookie recipe my mom has made every year starting the day after Thanksgiving since before I was born.  I had a craving, so I re-created them as Valentines.  I felt a little guilty as I cracked the egg into the mixing bowl, because this cookie dough is something so special reserved only for Christmas.

 But when the whole batch was gone two days later (with the help of a few friends), I knew I did the right thing. ;-)
Until next week, ciao!

1 comment: